Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mothers Day!

It's a beautiful Sunday morning here, and Blake and I have been playing frisbee in the back.  Noah woke me up at 6:00 and I thought about making a special Mothers Day breakfast for us, but then I had a bowl of Cocoa Pops instead (bought for and subsequently spurned by the children).  The best gift is being with "my" three boys, and being thankful that another great man met a wonderful woman back in the 1960's, and that those two people went on to be my wonderful parents.

Happy Mothers' Day, Mom/Granny Karla!  We made you some drawings and thankfully due to the amazing power of the Internet, you can pick up your greeting card at the Walgreen's on 127 after 1:17 pm today!  (I hope it will still feel like a gift even though you will have to pay the $2.15 because the site didn't take my international credit card!).  While you're there, if you haven't tried Snickers Almond, I highly recommend that you pick up a pack of the mini ones - they are yummy!  I hope you'll also see the card creation as a sign that you have passed on the values of determination, creativity, and resourcefulness to me - along with of course, that greatest gift of love.
We love you!
And also to all of you who are mothers or have mothers  - what an amazing thing it is to be loved and to love as mothers are and do.  x

No comments: