Monday, March 19, 2012

Sleep is so beautiful!

I recently did a team-building exercise called the "Personal Passport" - it's essentially a way for you to describe your values through telling your "story".  One of the questions was, "In my leisure time, I like to...".  Smart-aleck first answer that came to mind was, "What leisure time?", but I went ahead to answer it.  The number one answer I gave was "Writing my blog" (though the number of recent posts would not support that), and secondly, I wrote, "Napping". 
There is something so absolutely glorious in my mind about having a nap.  It's just such a way of saying to the world, "You're gonna have to wait while I catch up on my beauty sleep!"  And I sure as hell need a lot of that these days! 

I have, however, recently caught myself admiring my sleeping children and thought I'd share some of my favorite snaps of these idyllic scenes.  Of course, every moment I frittered away concentrating on these photos was a moment that I myself was not napping...!

B&W of photo reinforces calm mood (!)

Taken at the same time as the one of Matt and Noah in the chair...it was just a sleepy afternoon!

Mixed views of seeing this in the rearview mirror - on the one hand it's great they're asleep, but on the other, we were trying to get somewhere so their choice of naptime is probably not ideal!

Three sleeping bears

No comments: