Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

I guess it's only fitting that my first post in weeks is on Christmas Eve, when finally the chaos of "the season" has inevitably, unstoppably, mercifully, come to a close.  The best Christmas present of all is finally having my little Noah back to good health - he's had a rough ride over the past month or so with various colds and bugs that have seemed to just last and last and last.  First a cough, then a vomiting bug, and our sweet little boy was just so pitiful (on a recent weekend away, the gang nicknamed him "Tiny Tim" - and it felt so appropriate!). 
At any rate, he's all better, and full of energy and cheek.  Blake has fared pretty well and his added two years have made him generally more resilient to all the things going around. 
I myself have felt about as run-down as I can get while still managing to keep going, but tonight, it all seems a distant memory and we're looking forward to a merry Christmas tomorrow with the kids, back this year at Bishy's house but this year with Tom, Lykke and the girls, along with Uncle David.  If the traffic reports hold true, Santa is on his way shortly to deliver a bike to Blake and a cool trike to Noah - I am looking forward to seeing their faces and hope Noah is not too jealous that his ride will not be exactly the same as Blake's!
We wish we could be with Granny Karla and Grandpa John but they know that we love them, and we know they love us. 
May you have the happiest of Christmases, and if there can't be peace on the entire earth, I'm hoping for a silent night (7:00 am would be awesome, I would take 6:15...just not before 6:00 am please!)  May it also be peaceful and happy wherever you are. 

No comments: