Saturday, December 31, 2011

A few Christmas pictures

I always find that the week between Christmas and New Year's Eve goes so quickly, with so little to show for it!  We've been going to bed nice and early the past few nights and now that everyone is back in his own bed, the nights have been pretty good for the boys, after some unpleasant disturbed nights in the few days after Christmas. 

I did wonder and worry the past few days if the demise of this blog was upon me - it has been so long since I have written, and even longer, I feel, since I had anything interesting to say or report beyond the fact that we've had colds since the beginning of November and have all felt really ragged in the run-up to Christmas.  The arrival of a new year, however, is always a cause for - if not celebration - then at least contemplation.  And so, the blog will carry on, even if it will be in a stuttery, not-always-interesting, way.  One of my resolutions for the new year will be to "write more" - whether that's in a journal, in the blog, or something else, I'm not sure, but I like keeping the resolution vague and leaving my options open. 

Christmas was really nice this year, with a generous visit by Santa and a few "guilty-pleasure" naps for me.  The boys were very excited with their new things and we enjoyed seeing them play with their cousins.  On the way back from Bishy's we stopped and saw Chris and Anna and Joseph at their place.  It was nice to have the Christmas fun continue for a little while longer. 

You know what they say about pictures and their superiority to words, so here are a few snapshots from Christmas Eve and Day.  It's only a week after the fact, but Merry Christmas!

Christmas 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of you and your boys! Happy new year Meg! I hope we have lots of fun adventures in 2012. xoxo - Mona