Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Jai Ho! Indian summer!

The beginning of September didn't give anyone in the UK much hope that we would get a reprieve on autumn's arrival - it rained and was grey and cold for many of the first couple of days, but the past week has been full of some glorious sunshine and warmer temperatures.  On Friday I picked the boys up early and we went off on an arts and crafts adventure: to collect all sorts of items for the autumnal collage that I had thought of that morning as I made my way to the train station.  I had to pass beneath a crabapple tree and there were tons of them on the sidewalk, and I thought that we could use them to make some sort of beautiful fall art.
We picked about a dozen of the apples before heading down to Belair Park and getting conkers, acorns, leaves, and twigs, and on Saturday morning Blake and I assembled them - with the help of about half a bottle of glue - onto the remains of our pizza box from Friday night.  ("Mommy, can we get a pizza order?" was Blake's Friday evening dinner request...I was much too tired to protest!)
I was pretty pleased with our little collage though wish I had picked up more twigs for the trunk of the tree.

Let the Indian Summer continue...!  Predicted high for tomorrow and all the way into Saturday is 81 degrees! 

No comments: