Sunday, February 27, 2011

DwL strategic initiatives

I thought I would update you on some strategic intiatives that we have been working hard on here at DwL. Ha ha, I wrote that in the style of many organizational announcements from work.
Some of you have asked, so I wondered if others might be curious about two core lifestyle improvement programs we embarked upon at the end of Q4 2010 and earlier this year.

1) Potty training for Blake: Since January 28th, 23 days after starting the training of the potty, Blake has pretty much been a diaper/nappy-less wonder, in the day that is. He still wears a pull-up at night, and I'll probably keep that up for now. In the daytime, he is an absolute star and has not had any accidents that I can recall. The next step for us is to try to wean him off the potty and get him more in the habit of actually using the toilet, as I'm starting to get a little weary of the trip to empty the contents of the plastic throne that resides in the living room. Rewards and bribery may be necessary as we enter that next phase. I am so proud of him though and think he likes feeling grown-up too.
2) Noah's sleep: Due to other priorities, a change in everyone's routine, and a general sense of household exhaustion, it is safe to say that Noah has probably taken a step backwards in the sleep department (of course, I say that metaphorically: he can't yet take a step, although he does seem close to doing so!). With my trip to the US, Noah's having a cold that has seemed to last forever, and minimal energy of the "sleep enforcement team" we are dealing with his one nighttime wake-up with a bottle, which usually seems to do the trick.
As we approach a new month, we hope for continued good progress on these and all other strategic programs and will endeavor to provide updates as appropriate. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of the DwL team if you would like further clarification on these or other efforts.

No comments: