Monday, January 17, 2011

Just another Sunday night

Well, it's the end of another week, and as if often the case on a Sunday night, I'm up late trying to do one of two things, depending on the perspective. I could be trying to get a headstart on the week, but in reality it's that I'm finally getting caught up on the week that is just ending. I have no idea if it's true but I bet a good number of my posts would have Sunday night timestamps!

Many readers will be pleased to know that I'll no longer be providing play-by-play reports of Blake's potty training; what I will say is that he is doing really well and we've had a few accident-free days. That is probably due in part to our staying in quite a bit; we went to church today and I found myself whisking Blake off to get changed in order to get back in time for communion (where Blake, after receiving his blessing, kept asking very loudly in reference to my wafer - "Mommy, what's that?!"). It's also in part to Blake just deciding that #1 in the potty is ok, and then just doing #2's in his pants. So it's not all smooth sailing, but we're getting there.

As for Project Pacifier Reduction, that's going ok too. Noah has had some rock star sleep nights (going pretty much until about 5:30ish!), interspersed with some normal ones where we're up at 2:00 am and can't figure out what it is he needs. I've stayed strong with keeping the pacifier away from him, though, so hopefully he is forgetting that he ever had it.

This week is the last of my carefree weeks of maternity leave; I'll start settling Noah in at nursery on the 24th. I'm going to try to enjoy the week and not get too emotional about what's around the corner. We'll all be fine, I know.

I had been having post-Christmas memory card overload on my cameras, but I've spent some time tonight downloading pictures, so I'll hope to take some more pictures and post them. Here are a few to tide some grandmothers over! It feels like such a relief to have that done and be able to start afresh with taking photos...

Matt was saying tonight that he thinks Noah is more adventurous than Blake was, and this picture perhaps reinforces that thought. The two spots on Noah's forehead are fading bruises from some tumble or another that he has taken in the past couple of days. He just goes for things, and often takes some big falls when he forgets he's standing up, or on the stairs, for instance. I have to watch him so carefully or he just scurries off to get into mischief!
Is Blake laughing at how easy it is to get chocolate coins from Mommy?

See, I don't miss my dummy!


No comments: