Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the 1st day of Christmas...

The Christmas season is definitely upon us, so I thought I'd try to insert a festive theme into my posts. I only thought of this on the 8th of December, but for consistency, I'll start with the first of the month. I can't actually remember much of what happened over two weeks ago, but I'll try.

On the 1st we were still in the midst of all the snow, and that snowed-in feeling carried on into the weekend. Unfortunately all the cold weather and the chaos it brought to roads, trains, grocery deliveries, etc meant that we had to postpone our friends' Christmas lunch scheduled for Sunday the 5th at (the very brave) Simon and Na's house. Hopefully we'll get to do it in January...

And on Saturday night, the 4th, we started night 1 of controlled crying with Noah. I think I was up for about an hour and a half that night, from 1:45-3:15. But I kept telling myself that he would get it quickly, and that's what kept me going! It wasn't quite the silent night I'd hoped for, but it was only day one, after all...

No comments: