Wednesday, December 15, 2010

On the 11th day of Christmas...

...we headed over to Greenwich to witness Nina and Kevin get married at the Ranger's House in Greenwich Park. It was a beautiful setting and a lovely service. It's also nice for me to now know that both of Matt's significant exes are now married! Hee hee. Back at the ranch, Blake had a playdate with Charlie and we also had a babysitter come help Bishy for a bit; all was fine and we came home to Noah sleeping and Blake ready for bed, so the day was a success.

At the wedding, we sat at a table with 3 other couples who had left their kids at home, and it was rather sad yet funny that despite being out - and being kid-free for at least a few hours - most of the conversation revolved around, you guessed it, our children. One mother of a 3-year-old girl was quite adamant that she did not want any "clippy cloppy (Barbie) shoes" for her daughter, and she asked me across the table, "Do you have any clippy cloppy shoes?!" I was thinking about it before our friend Laura interjected that it wasn't as applicable a question because we have boys, but in the meantime I was about to reply that no, I pretty much wore tennis shoes all the time! It reminded me that I'd been out recently in my boots and from the buggy, Blake asked what that cloppy noise was - he must have hardly ever heard me pushing the buggy not in flat shoes!

We didn't make it a big night, and got home about 9:00. It was a lovely wedding day for a lovely couple, and we were happy we had people to help us out with the boys so that we could go along.
Nina was very glamorous in a wintery way...
Slightly ginormous flower I'm wearing...

The wedding Routemaster...


Newlyweds on the bus

No comments: