Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A post for Granny Bishy

Back when I was on Facebook, I remember a friend of mine posting this phrase: Mothers of boys work from son up to son down, and well, I couldn't agree more - apart to add that the work doesn't usually end when the sons are down! And needless to say, that friend was a mother of boys, 3 of them...

Anyway, there was one day last week when all the Lyons boys were enjoying each others' company and I thought that Granny Bishy might enjoy seeing one of her two boy with these two boys. I still derive endless pleasure from seeing Blake and Noah interact - Blake can be quite rough with Noah, which is slightly worrying, but Noah seems to just giggle with delight whenever Blake pays him any attention.







In the last photo you'll notice that Noah is fixated on some object in the distance, and unfortunately that object is tv! While Blake had absolutely no interest in tv until he was about 18 months old, the magic box has definitely cast its spell on Noah. And, as I try to do about all things related to motherhood, I'm going to hope that it's all going to be ok, and remind myself that I myself watched tv (I don't remember Sesame Street, although I do remember Dallas, Dynasty, and Benny Hill), and feel that, generally, I turned out ok. Incidentally, one of Blake's pre-school staff told me that he'd finally made the realization about Blake Carrington of Dynasty and now greets Blake in the morning with "Blakington!" I have to laugh.
As I always like to have happen with my writing, things come full circle, so we wish Granny Bishy a happy trip to Dallas tomorrow. If you see JR, or even better, pool boy Christopher Atkins, tell him hi from one of his biggest fans!

No comments: