Saturday, October 23, 2010

Noah gets baptised!

We had a lovely baptism service for Noah last Sunday at our new church, All Saints. He was really quite good for the service - as were all the kiddos there - and looked sweet in the gown that Blake wore which was made by our Hickory friend Nancy Linker. Afterwards we had cake and wine at the church, before arriving at the pub to find that the room I'd booked 3 months earlier had been given away! I tried to remain philosophical about it, and I think that everyone had a good lunch in the end anyway.
The day before I was feeling a great sense of relief that I'm the mother of boys, as I was having a fashion crisis of the highest order. I was glad that I hope they'll never have to go through the type of frenzied shopping I often have to do before an event, if gender stereotypes hold true and they're not too concerned about fashion and "finding the right thing to wear" means choosing one color tie over another. Meanwhile, Blake told me he wants to be a ballerina for Halloween, so maybe him not caring about fashion isn't a given. I managed to find something at 5:00 pm on Saturday, and I felt happy in it, but man, this second baby business is a whole different kettle of fish in terms of losing the baby weight! I am not at all in a good place with regards to my weight! I was jealous that Noah had his "dress" all ready to go, and he did look beautiful in it.



Handsome boys...
With Godparents Chris and Anna, and thinking of Godparents Lela and LT in the US...


Lyons family kind of all looking in the same direction...


This one makes me smile...Blake was ready for his piece of cake!

No comments: