Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Cat in the Hat lives on

Several months ago we started reading Dr. Seuss books to Blake, which he has really enjoyed. The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish Two Fish...these are all a very important part of my heritage in that Dr. Seuss (Ted Geisel '25) is one of the most famous alums of my alma mater, Dartmouth College. It was just over a year ago that I was in Hanover for Cindy and John's wedding, and while at the Dartmouth Co-op I picked up some t-shirts that I thought would be fun for Blake and BLT, as Noah was then known!

Turns out I didn't really have my thinking cap on, because I basically got the order of the t-shirts wrong: I bought the shirt that said Thing 1 in size 12 months, and the one that said Thing 2 in size 3 years. What I didn't realize was that the Thing 1 shirt needed to be bigger than the Thing 2 one for it to make sense chronologically. Doh!

Fortunately Granny Karla loves both a challenge and the post office, although not necessarily in conjunction with one another. After a lost package, a re-order, a found package, and a delayed transatlantic package, I was finally able today to put the boys in these shirts. I hope it will be only the start of their love of Dartmouth-related things.

My precious Things 1 and 2

No comments: