Friday, March 26, 2010

Night out on the town!

Last Saturday evening was a novel occasion: Matt and I went out to dinner! Just typing that, and including the exclamation mark, seems so lame.

Anyway, I had missed Anna's birthday night out because of catching the noravirus that day, so to make up for that and to have one last hurrah with Chris and Anna before they became parents, we went out to dinner at Village East near London Bridge. We got a sitter - a lovely local girl recommended by the next door neighbor - and we headed into town for a night out! The last time Matt and I had tried to go out together was on our anniversary back in September, and he ended up getting sick (that time around Chris and Anna were actually down to watch Blake!), so it had been at least 6 months - and probably more like 9 or 12 - since he and I had been out together in the evening...at least as best I can remember. It was exciting - I tried on a pregnancy dress that Mom had sent me months ago which I never had the chance to wear. In the end I didn't wear it because it literally made me look as big as a barn and I thought it would not be good for my spirits to feel that I was wearing the most unattractive garment possible. I went with a long black sweater instead and felt much better about that choice. Dinner was nice and it was fun to catch up with Anna and Chris before their big week ahead. We had one last "bump shot" and then it was back home to bed, well after midnight, which wasn't so great the next morning when dealing with our early bird. Still, it was so nice to be reminded of what the outside world is like on a Saturday evening and very special to be with the soon-to-be parents. It was also hard to believe that there were days when we'd stay out much later, and perhaps even more difficult to remember those next mornings when there was no specific need to wake up, apart from maybe to go out and get some lunch!
The boys had had more beers than the girls...




One final bump shot - Anna at 38+6 and me at 37+2...

Anna gets the taxi while Chris tries for a better photo...


No comments: