Friday, June 26, 2009

Magical Michael

Unless you've been in a cave all day, you'll probably have heard the news that Michael Jackson has died, aged 50. I had a busy day at work so didn't look at any Internet coverage until now, sticking mostly simply to the BBC roundup of his changing look throughout the years. I think the hardest part about it all for me is trying to choose my favorite of his songs - "Man in the Mirror", a minor anthem for the Dartmouth girls, "Black or White" which I have always loved to dance to, one of the old old ones like "ABC" or one of the more recent old ones like "Bad", "Billie Jean" or "Thriller". Whatever his personal issues, it is unarguable that he was an electrifying performer and entertainer, and I'm sad for his friends and family that they have lost him. Perhaps though he will be at peace and has found an escape from all of the pressures of life which he seemed to struggle to cope with.

No comments: