Wednesday, May 06, 2009

May Day = New Year

The Procrastinator's Motto is "Why do today, what you can put off tomorrow." (I don't know if this is official, but it sounds like it could be, at least). For all my good qualities, I have always been a procrastinator, and that is not one of them.
As well, I'm sure in some culture, somewhere in the world, their New Year starts in May.
So it was on Saturday that I woke up and felt that 5 months into the year, I was having a bit of a New Year's epiphany. I was sick of having my stagnant "To Do" list, I was finally pragmatically perturbed at making a charitable monthly contribution to "my" gym, and in a somewhat dramatic and maudlin line of thinking, I did not want anything to happen to me before I finished Blake's baby book for fear of him not having it when he's grown up. The fact that we had an extra day in the weekend made it easier, but I decided Saturday morning to try to just try to GET MORE DONE! Why do I nap, when I could write my blog or organize photo albums; why do I sit and stare out the window when I could be cleaning or clearing out my wardrobe; why do I go to the kitchen for a snack when I could be trying to shed the spare tire around my waist?! (nb: these are hypothetical questions and I was trying to tell that little voice in my head that says, "go have a nap, go have a snack" to be quiet for once).
With that I headed off to the kitchen...not to eat, but to clean! I did that, and then the next day I even went so far as cleaning the refrigerator! The big development is that I have now gone to the gym twice in 3 days! (the fact that I was able to walk the next morning was rather astonishing to me).
After my initial burst of enthusiasm, I have to say I have fallen off the pace a bit. But, hey, it's a start, and I look forward to a time when I can sit and daydream out the window because of not having anything else to do...! Ha!

No comments: