Friday, May 08, 2009

Day 4...not so much fun

Day 4 of the chickenpox broke, and today was a different matter - Blake was not in a good mood! I took vacation in the morning and then worked from home in the afternoon...what an exhausting day that was. Anytime I think to myself, "Today is the longest day of my life," I remind myself that that's probably not true (I'm sure that have been worse ones or that there may be worse to come in the future). Anyway, the spots definitely looked pretty horrible today, especially this massive one right by his eye, which because it made his eye a bit swollen and discolored kept reminding me of a cartoon dog. Unfortunately there seemed to be new ones today as well, which prolongs the road to recovery. Blake was generally pretty grumbly and didn't want to eat much and by about 10:00 am I was asking myself if it was too early for a glass of wine! (It was, by the way, I waited til 6:00 pm for a cool glass of white Alsace).

Hopefully we will turn the bend soon and get this behind us. Although he is of course still very handsome, surely even he would agree that he's not looking his best with these spots. And it's also interesting I guess that he probably won't remember having them. I had chickenpox when I was 5 or 6 and definitely remember [nb for readers in the US, the UK does not vaccinate against chickenpox like the US does]. So with that, have a great weekend everyone...see you here next week.

Happy in the bath once Daddy was home...a nice change of scenery from Mommy!


No comments: