Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Spring blossoms and anarchists

I worked from home today because of the potential disruption to the City and to public transport by the G20 protestors. I was amazed at about 12:00 noon to see that the tree outside the window had begun to blossom in the several hours since I noticed the state of the buds this morning at 9:00 am. Incredible how spring all of a sudden just seems to arrive! Incidentally we think that Blake has now begun to say "tree" - although it comes out "tee". So far, apart from one unconfirmed report by Granny Karla that he said "book", this is the limit of his identifiable verbal capabilities. He does do a lot of babbling and certainly a lot of walking, so his brain and body are both very active indeed. He also seems to be waking up earlier in the morning, which is a little less exciting! Once again I just thank my lucky stars again for having gone with the Lin program...
As usual on a Wednesday evening, I start to look forward not only to Thursday and a day off with Blake, but also to the weekend which seems close enough to touch. Saturday I will be rooting for my beloved UNC Tarheels in the Final Four of the NCAA basketball tournament. Two more wins and the 'Heels are National Champs!
A milestone last week which I forgot to report was that on Friday when I dropped Blake off at nursery, for the first time ever I was able to get away without having to hear him cry at my leaving. He was the first one in so he basically seemed to be lost in wonder at having the whole toddler room to himself, so I made a quick getaway. Today I could barely get his coat on to leave; he seemed to just want to show me all the toys and help Lisa tidy up the Legos. Need to get him doing that at home now!
Here are a few pics. Sometimes I see a photo and think he looks like a big, little boy instead of a baby. Amazing how in a few hours it can seem like winter becomes spring, and in the blink of an eye an infant becomes a little person.







No comments: