Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The big 0-1!

I am now writing as the proud mother of a one-year-old! How crazy it seems that it was only 366 days ago that we were experiencing our first day home from the hospital with this little being who, at the time, was such a complete mystery to us. Now he really does just seem to be a miniature person, as opposed to a baby, and he enjoyed his birthday celebrations on Saturday; he got lots of fantastic presents and enjoyed playing with his cousin Emma (although "playing" might be generous as he generally just tried to take whatever she was holding out of her hands...we are going to have to work on manners, I think!). As you'll see, his "cake" was a collection of cupcakes since I didn't want to waste what I'd baked to take to nursery and for the little party which was cancelled- as it was, he wasn't much impressed with my efforts and didn't eat any of it!! I was honestly too busy and stressed to get too emotional about its being his actual birthday, but it certainly was a milestone. It's just so crazy to think how much things have changed in one year...for Blake, for me, for Matt, for us as a family. He also picked his birthday to really start to put some steps together. I would post the video but the technology genius that I am, I thought I was recording this long walking sequence only to find that I hadn't pressed the right button! Hopefully we'll get some clips up soon. In the meantime, here are a few photos from the special day!





No comments: