Sunday, February 01, 2009

Sunday night procrastination



Right now, I need to be getting ready for work tomorrow. Instead, I'm having a veritable blogging marathon and have arrived at my last post for the night, if not week! So, tonight is just like any other weekend Sunday, although we have the added complication for tomorrow morning that it is snowing like crazy at the moment. Here are some photos taken just a few minutes ago (that's our car with the vulgar snow drawing on it...who would do that?!...and no, I don't think it's supposed to be the Loch Ness monster...)
As I remember, London's transport system doesn't really cope well with normal Monday morning traffic, so tomorrow promises to be a nightmare! Just the way I hoped to ease myself back into it.
Unlike many years gone, I also really will need to go to bed and won't be watching Super Bowl XLIII (that's 43 if you struggle with math in a different language like I do). Hopefully I can at least catch the highlights of the halftime show somewhere online. I've actually had my fill of sporting events today having watched the Australian Open final this morning. Nadal sure is something, but my heart went out to Federer in the award ceremony. I found his raw display of emotion so sad, but also a bit fascinating. He's such an amazing competitor and can seem so cool and calculated, almost machine-like, in his matches; as a result I'm awed by just how human he is in defeat, unable to control his disappointment in public, and I don't mean that in a bad way really. I guess it's one of the things that makes me love sports - the way that someone who appears one moment to have ice in his veins can then not control a flood of hot tears when losing hurts so badly. And with that, I say goodnight. If my posting slows down in the next few days, bear with me. DwL may never resume the service you've grown accustomed to, but I won't forget to make updates!

No comments: