Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day, and Day 2 of nursery




Thanks to our friend Heidi, Blake has the perfect shirt to wear today in celebration of President Obama's Inauguration. He made it rather difficult for me to get a good shot of it but here's hoping he'll be a good "Lil' Democrat" (not sure if he'd be more likely to be Lib Dem or Labour here?).

Day 2 of nursery was better, for me at least! It's 2:00 pm and I've yet to shed any tears today; I actually wonder if I am too exhausted to do so? I keep reflecting on the last couple of weeks, and how emotionally draining they've been, and I also keep thinking about the next 3 weeks, and worrying about how they're going to be equally if not more exhausting!

I don't think she reads this blog but happy birthday to my good Hickory friend Kathryn Coulter Jones. I forgot to wish Dartmouth friend Mona a happy birthday yesterday but I don't think she reads this blog either! Still, DwL wishes you both the happiest of days...

1 comment:

Mona said...

Meg!! Thank you for my official blog birthday shout-out. Of course, I read your blog! Very regularly, I might add. Thanks for the bday card. Good luck with the transition back to work. I'll be thinking of y'all. And little Blake is quite the cutie -- I love that big grin!