Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We celebrated Thanksgiving with our London links to the US: our friends Rachel and Dinah came over for turkey sandwiches (Dinah's dad Ray is from Texas so like Blake, Dinah is British-American). I realize that sandwiches are a far cry from the days of my slaving away in the kitchen over a 14-lb whole turkey, but at least it was an effort to mark the day! And they were fancy sandwiches - turkey, brie, rocket, and chili cranberry sauce; I was impressed. I tried to print out some turkey pictures for Blake and Dinah to color but then I forgot that we don't have any crayons, so that was not a very successful activity.
After lunch we went down to Hyde Park to meet Cathy and Maddie Shingler, Kate Kenney's sis-in-law and niece. We also happened to meet Santa in the park, which is strange since I thought he would be resting in anticipation of Dec 24th.
I had particular reason to be thankful this morning since Blake slept from 11:30-6:30 and for once I went to bed when he did, so I actually got a good night's sleep! All in all, a very nice day. I hope all of you reading this from the US are enjoying the day off work and being with friends and family.
We certainly have a lot to be thankful for, namely all the wonderful people in our lives who help make it special - thank you for your friendship and love!


Thanksgiving 2008

No comments: